Public Involvement Opportunities
Council will have a first and second reading of the Bicycle Master Plan on September 26th and October 10th. Adoption of the Plan constitutes an amendment to City ordinance so a Council vote is required at each reading. The meetings will be held in Council Chambers on the 10th floor of 206 S. Main Street at 5:30pm. The public is invited to speak at the Council meetings, but should notify the City Clerk of their intent to speak at least one day prior to the meeting.
A draft of the Bicycle Master Plan was presented to Greenville City Council on June 13th, 2011. A PDF version of the presentation can be downloaded here: Greenville BMP Presentation 6/13/11
1) Comment on Draft Plan and Plan Map
The draft plan is currently available for public review and comment. Provide comments via on-line entry or by e-mailing project staff.
Click here to view the most up-to-date draft map of existing and proposed facilities.
Draft Bike Master Plan:
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Vision
Chapter 3: Needs
Chapter 4: Needs Analysis
Chapter 5: Recommendations
Chapter 6: Design Guidelines
Chapter 7: Proposed Improvements
Chapter 8: Project Prioritization & Implementation
2) Complete the online survey and encourage others to do so too.
Sorry, the survey is no longer active.
3) Map your recommendations.
Visit the "Map It" page of this website. Use the interactive mapping feature to plot locations for recommended bicycle facilities throughout Greenville.
4) Participate in the public meetings and encourage others to come too.
The last public workshop was held Tuesday, March 15th at 6:00pm at the Hughes Main Library. Preliminary plan recommendations were presented. Please check back at this site for more information about that meeting. The City hosted the first community meeting on November 16th. A slideshow of pictures from the event is included below.(Adobe Reader required to view PDF files.)
- Directions: Map to the Hughes Main Library Location
- Article: Click here to download the Greenville Online article about the meeting (PDF).
- Presentation: Click here to download the meeting presentation (PDF).
- Flyer: Click here to download the flyer (PDF).
- More Information on Non-Infrastructure Program Recommendations
5) Receive project updates via e-mail
Sign up for the Greenville Bicycle Master Plan newsletter or the Bikeville.org newsletter.
- Subscribe to Bikeville Bicycle Master Plan Newsletter
- Subscribe to bikeville.org updates
- Read the most recent Bicycle Master Plan Newsletter (PDF)
The City is seeking to gain input and ideas about bicycling from the entire community - whether the person is a cycling enthusiast, a recreational rider or a concerned motorist. All community members are invited and encouraged to attend the workshops. The first community workshop was designed to introduce the project and give attendees an opportunity to provide input on bike facilities, bike routes, problem areas and popular destinations. Photos from that event are provided below.